Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Good Bye South America. Hello Caribbean.

So, as i turns out my little bargain hunting self got in trouble... you see I always bye my tickets to Argentina on Brazilian airlines.... because it is abour $400 dollars cheaper than buying something on an American airline.
Well.... as fate may have it.... the afformentioned 'cheap' Brazilian airline went under and I given the choice to leave South America rather immediately... or perhaps stay there for eternity as I would have to buy a new ticket on a different airline... with money that... I did not have.

So... after spending some long agonizng days with people in the telecentro at Varig.... they put me on a United flight to New York... which went thru. Washington D.C.

So, after making some quick decisions.... I am now in the Dominican Republic... renting a condo. I am tanning and studying via internet by day... and that's about it.

I will be here until Aug. 31... unless American airlines.... decides to cut all of their service to the Caribbean... then... well... I will most likely be floating aroung in an intertube trying to make it to Florida.... or at least attempting to find the American coast guards. :)

No comments: