Thursday, June 21, 2007

Quick Update on La Vida

Sorry for not updating.... I've been busy... very very busy!! ;)

Life right now is good. I'm taking a short summer course on English Grammar (sooooo much fun.... NOT!) and then I'm headed back to the DR. Santiago (the 2nd city) for the 6.5 weeks... should be interesting!!! Oh... and I have to give props to Amity... I will be visiting her in Cabrera. AND CARO??? & KARLA??? Any chance you will be en la tierra caliente this summer??

I have been having problems with my stomach lately (more than usual) and now have headaches because my lack of caffeine. It has been hot here and the lack of air conditioning in my apt and car has been a bit overwhelming at times. At least today it is a little cooler.

I am now 'officially' in a relationship. As opposed to unofficially..! :/ We will call him 'W'..... but he is in no way related to GW Bush the 43rd nor can he vote for him as he is a dominicano.

That's about all that's going in life. I am counting the days until I go back and that's about it.

I start student teaching in the Minneapolis schools on Aug 27.... and will be officially done with it and license will be pending with the state on Dec. 14th. I teach 12 weeks at a diverse urban high school on the South side and then will be places 3/4 weeks at a Spanish Immersion elementary school. AND then I am DOOOONNNNEEE!!!! And maybe headed to the DR to work!?!? Right, Amity?

Next week, I get to (read: was forced to) chaperon one of the two AFS buses to D-day. Yes... another year of AFSers has finished their year as exchange students and have to go home. So, I get on the bus 9pm on Monday... we get to Chicago early AM and then I volunteer all day and the bus leave Chicago for Minneapolis Tues at 4pm. It will be fun.... more than 700 kids going home.... there will be a lot of emotions flying... I remember what it was like to go home... I did not want to go... I couldn't even imagine going back.... and when I did arrive 18 hrs later days and months of major reverse culture shock followed. I do not think I ever recovered fully!! ;)

Alright... that's it for now. I'm headed off to dinner with Lena... we found a Colombian/Peruvian Res. en el barrio.... and we have to discuss the possibility of attending a Juagares (w/ secret guest Juanes) concert on July 1st. Oh... and I must remember to purchase a ticket to my future president's campaign kick-off on the 29th... yes, Barack Obama.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Yay, I am glad that you had a good time in R.D.

Congrats one the offical relationship and he is dominicano can't get better then that.

I want to go to R.D. in Julio we will see what happens. Also to answer your question, I have my way of find all those chulo and I'm hereby tagging you... see my blog for more info.... : )