Monday, June 19, 2006

Córdoba & Other Randomness















I arrived in Córdoba about two hours ago after an over night bus ride from Resistencia.... in all it was a little more than 10 hours. I took a taxi to the hostel where I have a reservation for this evening and left my backpack there. I think the guy was a little surprised when I started talking in Castellano... but hey why speak in English when you are in Argentina... right?
It is a holiday today... well... actually tomorrow is flag day but for some reason today is a no school/work day for everyone and tomorrow.... just for some. So, for the lucky students in Argentina.... they had no school Friday because of the Argentina World Cup game, no school Monday and possibly Tuesday for Flag Day.

In case you were wondering... or waiting eargerly to find out the results of the fútbol (soccer) match.... Argentina won 6-0 to Serbia/Montenegro. Argentina plays their next game on Wednesday.... I think... but there is a slight possibilty that I will be on a bus then.... que lastima! For the game on Wednesday the country will only be shutting down for a few hours as the game is at 4pm here.

What else is new? Nothing....besides today is the first of 24 days that I will be traveling. July 13th I have to be back in Resistencia for Carolina´s 25th birthday. In the meantime I will travel to the following cities...

Argentina: Córdoba, Mendoza, Buenos Aires, Mar del Plata
Chile: Santiago, Viña del Mar, Valparaiso (Valpo)
Uruguay: Colonia del Sacramento, Montevideo, Punta del Este
Brasil: Porto Alegre, Torres, Florianopolis

That´s it for now... I have to get back to working on assignments for my online classes! :(

Paz!

No comments: