Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hola desde Argentina!!

I´m in Argentina.... in Resistencia to be exact.... after 3 flights (instead of 4) and a 12 hour bus ride.... I arrived 48 hours later.

I am having a good time. I stayed with Familia Pereyra last night and just moved my things to my friends house... where I will spend the next few nights. I wanted to go to Asuncion, Paraguay.... but unfortunatly I have encountered an uninformed Paraguay consulate who is trying to gaurentee my that I do NOT need a tourist visa to enter Paraguay... but is refusing to put this in writing. So, I really do not want to take a 5 hour bus ride to the boarder to be told I cannot enter... so, it looks like Paraguay has been crossed off my list... which means... I will not become a millionare this summer which was my plan.... you see for less than a 100 US dollar, I would have had more than 1 million Guarani... the Paraguayan currency.... too bad my dream is not going to come true... :(

What else is new?? Nothing! It is ´winter´ here and I would say that today is probably around 75 or 80 degress... but still everyone is walking around with sweaters, jean jackets and long pants on. They think I am insane.... I am wearing capris, flip-flops and just to make them happy a long sleeved shirt... which I am quite warm in.

On Friday, Argentina plays in the World Cup.... this is a VERY VERY bis deal! On every corner one can buy flags, or parafanelia with the Argentine flag on it... hats, shirts, scarfs, etc. So... it looks like Argentina... I mean the world will come to a stop Friday morning when they play!

Chau for now! Paz.

No comments: