Friday, September 29, 2006

TGIF & Much Much More....

It's Friday. Por fin! I have had a long and exauhsting week. Got a bit overwhelmed but I am now on the rebound. The good news is I now have a weekend/weeknight job at Linens & Things.... (un hiper con cosas para la casa). Which I start tomorrow afternoon.

So... now here is the final working schedule....
Morning Spanish, Afternoon Spanish, Middle School Para and Linens & Things.

I am going to busy. Working on average more than 50 hrs a week.... and I forgot to mention that I have grad school on Tues and Thurs nights and an online class.

I have been drinking a lot of coffee. Too much infact. I get cramps/Charlie Horses in my legs almost every night around 4am. They take a long time to go away. I usually have to walk around. Maybe I have RLS... Restless leg syndrome... too bad this chica cannot go to a dr.

To get to the fun stuff.....
Since I am going to be tired of working and studying and everything I was pricing tickets to the DR (RD). Though I have a break in most of my jobs, except the reatil one from Dec. 21 to Jan 1.... I could not find anything affordale.... no way in hell am I paying more than $1000 to fly to the Caribbean. So.... I checked some dates and I purchased a ticket today... it is FINALIZED... I will be in Santo Domingo... from Jan 26 to Feb. 4.....!!! Yay!!! That is still 4 long months away... but at least I have something to look forward to.

It is also payday at two of my jobs today... money can always brighten my day!!

That's it for now... not much work today... as almost all the kids are on a field trip and I was the one that had to stay behind and supervise the kids that did not go. I am reading some Neruda... and busy being bored.

Chau! Besos! Paz!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. got your comment, thanks so much :O).. I'm trying to place you, what was ur former blog?

Karla said...

Hey Chica,

I was wondering were you were. Good to see you back on here.

May goodness look at you busy, busy.

Ah I am jealous ou are going back to mi pais and umm i am going to be here. Take alot of pictures while you are there.

Amity said...

hey hey!

the dr!! excellent. I have some contacts for you--great people--a brit, a gibralteran (?) and a dominicana mama--email me before you go!

my tip for tix is to wait last minute and buy the air/hotel package, usually HEAVILY doscounted. Last year for thanksgiving (or two years ago) I got ticket and hotel for 700. And I stayed little in the hotel but it was nice! That was in Juan Dolio, forty minutes from SDQ.

so glad to see you blogging and thanks for clicking on my crazy ads...I need a travel fund....you should sign up and I'll click for you too!