Sunday, November 19, 2006

Nada. Nothing. Zip.

Nothing exciting is happening. 68 days until I go the Dominican Republic. Yesterday, I called a few of my friends there. Nothing much happening... except, my friend the lady doctor is getting married in December. And... no, she isn't pregnant! ;) Im sad that I cant go for the wedding but plane tickets are really expensive around the holidays. My other friend, apparently thought I was Canadian. Yeah, we're close. Can you tell?!?! Actually, its because I often say that Im from Minneapolis. And people give me blank stares... so, then I usually say well.... I live in the north central part of the US... near Canada. This is where people start to believe that I am actually from Canada. This is not the first time it has happened. In Argentina at the beginning many thought I was Canadian. It's hard when people outside of the country only know a few cities, such as New York, Miami and Los Angeles. But hey, can you name more than 3 cities in most countries you have never visited? I do not think I can. I am going to try to call another one of the drs but he is apparently working in the middle of a rural oasis with no electricity or phone reception... so, I doubt the call will go thru.

Besides, that nothing new. I am avoiding homework as usual. I am about to go to the gym. I already have one injury. You see... my entire life I have had issues with shoes, sandals, basically anything I must put my foot into. So, my left heel decided it didn't like my shoe... and now I have a large gapping wound on my foot. Lovely. I don't know what my foot's issues are but it's annoying. How can a pair of tennis shoes make you bleed? I think I just have over sensitive feet.

It's only a three day week!! If that... no morning Spanish this week. Though I get to go to the ghetto instead to observe for grad school. Yippee.

That's it for now.



mando paz y amor a todos

No comments: