Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Procrastination & Pain

The two p's....

I have a major procrastination problem... major. I had a long weekend with really basically nothing to do but study. Did I study? Hell, no! Then Monday night... I took my time sitting down to study. Went tanning, to the gym, ate dinner... and then finally thought I might try to study. I accomplished basically nothing... and by 9:40pm... realized I better go to sleep and wake up early to do my stuff. Now, I woke up at 4:25am... showered... and am slowly getting ready. I'll have sometime throughout the day but I think I am depending on that too much.

Pain. I am in pain.... for several reason. Mental and physical. Though the physical is what is I am feeling the most... my mental pain, confusion and anguish is something I can't really write about on here. I have two major wounds on my feet... one from the gym and the other from dancing and my heels on Saturday night. One on each foot... equally painful and infected (yuck!). I have been over doing it a bit at the gym... I decided that when it comes to the treadmill, the pain is just mental. Like marathon runners or runners in general... it's a mental game that you are playing with your body and you just have to push thru. it. Well, the problem is I am neither a runner, let along a marathon runner. So, I should not really apply weird wisdom like this to my workouts.... because I hurt.... Especially my hips. I knew it was bad when I awoke to go to the bathroom in the night and contemplated for several mins. how I would get up with the least pain. Oh yes, and the most annoying thing of all... I have been sick almost the entire month of November.... and just when I was almost back to tip-top shape, I have a really sore throat and now this morning it is really really really sore. :(

On a happy note....
  • 3 more weeks of the semester left
  • I have leads and several private ESL and Spanish tutoring/instruction positions
  • I get to spend almost two full school days at my urban field placement.... instead of working at my middle school
  • I am going to Chicago for New Years
  • I am feeling slightly optomistic (this is not a normal feeling for me)
Ok... must study... must stop procrastination... must go now...



Felicidad. Paz. Amor.

No comments: