Monday, December 11, 2006

Self-Sabotage: A Reoccuring Theme

Self-sabotage is what I do. I've been doing it for years.... probably since I was 10 or 12. I don't really know why I do it. Out of fear most likely.

My self-sabotage when it comes to this moment involves my studies and projects. I didn't do what I was supposed this weekend. Well.... I only did one-half of what I was supposed to do. And now... I am hurriedly trying to throw together a big project that is due tomorrow night. Now, I think part of the reason that I do this is because it does not interest me. I know that I can do a half-assed job and get an A- or B+ and that is perfectly fine with me... I have never been a perfectionist.

Self-sabotage has been a major theme of my academic life and occasionally my personal life. I also need major work on my time management skills.... and/or motivating myself to do things with more than 24 hours to spare. Maybe I get a thrill of waiting until the last min.... seeing how far I can walk that fine line of recklessness without actually crossing it and failing miserably.

I guess I need to learn more from my mistakes and stop repeating them.

Chau!

1 comment:

Jessica Beagan Archer said...

Hey there! Amity introduced me to your blog. Reading your posts is like reading my own thoughts sometimes. It's nice to know I'm not alone :) Hang in there. We will get through it all! I'll look forward to reading more. If you'd like you can check out my blog at http://www.jessicabeagan.blogspot.com Take care!