Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I PASSSSSSSED....

On March 3rd, I took the PRAXIS II Test which is required to be a Spanish teacher. It went ok... but was a really weird situation and everyone else that was testing had already failed several times. It was half oral and half written... for the oral part I had to speak into a tape recorder which is fine... but the problem was 3 other people answering the same exact question at the same exaxt time into their tape recorders. The questions were open ended, narratives, restatements, arguments, etc... and we had 2-3 mins to record our answers for each questions. There was no going back... just time to talk....
After getting a little thrown off on the first question... because I am SOOOOO easily distracted... and I could hear everyone around me saying things that I was about to say, or should have said, etc....I decided that I was going to pass this test and I didn't care who I took down in the process. So, my strategy for the rest of the oral test was to cover my ears and speak loudly.... yeah, I may have caused others to fail... but I got my results in the mail today and I passed on my first try. YAY!!!

2 comments:

Amity said...

Congrats girl!!!

I take it (191) the 28th of april...wish me luck!

Karla said...

Congrats Chica!!

Being sick sucks. I have the worse cold.