Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sick, Sadness and Procrastination

I'm sick with the flu or something wonderful. I has been coming on slowly since last Monday but didn't hit until late Thursday night... when I tried to go so sleep after dancing until 2:30am... I just keep coughing myself awake... then I spent the majority of Friday sleeping on my futon or feeling sorry for myself... and I woke up almost without a voice.

I'm sad because I talked to a friend in the DR last night and he told me that his wife had a problem during her pregnancy last week and their baby was born alive (only 20-21 weeks) and later died. My friend is trying to be strong and logical about it... thinking about it as a doctor (which he is)... what should have been done that wasn't and what can they change so the next baby makes it thru. the pregnancy. This is tragic... very sad and to make it worse I already gave them a baby gift.... what an idiot. I should have waited until it was born. I told him that they will learn from this experience and need to be strong and go forward... Sometimes it sucks to be soo far away from people that you care about as you can't just reach out and give them a hug when they need it.

Procrastinating... as you all know I'm an expert at this... I am actually not procrastinating at the moment. Working on some stuff for my online class.... but I really should be working on a lesson I need to present to my colleagues on Tuesday evening... as, I am going out tomorrow night and have family stuff during the day.... oh well.... if need be...I'll be sick Monday...

I'm going out tonight... I'm going the non-Latin route... as of the moment... Though things may change. I went out to 1st Ave Thursday night with R and some of his friends.... I had a great time.... and a group of Mexicana's want to hangout with me again soon... because I am so cool... and I am more Latina than them... ;)

No comments: