Monday, April 16, 2007

Virginia Tech Shooting

Another school shooting. What is wrong with people? I do not understand how and why someone could do this. Nothing is worth killing so many innocent people. An individual would have to be entirely mentally unstable to do this. As everyone else is, I'm interested to find out the motive of this situation. Though the initial shooting seemed to have a domestic focus, I wonder if the later shooting was at a planned, premeditated location. I hear that most the deaths happened in a 1st German class. Which is scary. As a teacher... anything that has to do with violence in the schools scares me. Also, another thought... schools should have doors that lock on the inside. Most doors can only be lock via keys on the outside. Though this may not have much influence, it could save lives in the future.

Please pray and think positive thoughts for the people in the Virginia Tech Community and their families.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a horrible tragedy. My eyes get blurry with tears when I read the newspaper stories about the students. There can't be any doubt the guy was mentally ill. A mentally healthy person just can rationalize that one.