Sunday, April 08, 2007

Update

Let's see... I'm utterly exhausted... I haven't felt this run down in a while. I have been sleeping for almost 3 days straight... I wake up for a few hours... and then go back to sleep... I feel like I am just weighed down by this virus... not fun.

I did make to my families Easter festivities for less than two hours today. Had a little food... chatted with a some cousins and aunts then left.

At the moment, I am waiting for a calll about the show tonight... hopefully my friend forgot or died or something so I don't have to go... but I have never known him to pass up a party. Especially since I agreed to pay cover. AND I don't care how sick I am if there are dominicans (which there will be)... I am going.

I called my friend yesterday in DR... she started her pasantia... in La Vega last Monday... shit is tough... they moved from their apt., her husband doesn't have a job. There is something about the people in DR... at least the people that I know. They seem to have so little, have have many hardships, or constant hardships but yet they take each day as it is and seem to be happy and can enjoy things that people in my country cannot. They enjoy the little things in life; food, music, dominoes, rum... etc... and they get thru. it... So, when I think I have it rough and want to complain I need to reflect and realize that I am just being dramatic once again.

No comments: